Reports to: Office Manager
Location: Kansas City, MO
Classification: Non-Exempt Review
Date: June 2, 2022
Summary and Objective: As the Administrative Assistant, you will provide data support in gift processing and records management, general office reception and diverse administrative support to enhance organizational programs and operations.
• Serve as office receptionist in support of office access, operations and organization
• Receive, process and distribute incoming/outgoing correspondence and telephone communications for office
• Support office mailings including the frequent addressing and routing of greeting cards, gift acknowledgement letters and occasional large mailings
• Support database management and list development
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of AFA revenue and expense models and connection to programs supported
• Enter financial gift records and run gift transaction reports in support of bank deposit detail.
• Handle checks and occasional cash
• Purchase and maintain general office supplies
• Copy and print organizational and program materials
• Assist in organizational program and service delivery through use of project management strategies
• Periodic staffing at organizational events
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of AFA structure and programming to field phone and email requests
• Perform other duties as assigned and developed Competencies
• Demonstrated professionalism
• Above average word processing along with general computer skills, including ability to learn new web and computer data systems
• Attention to detail and accuracy of work
• Excellent problem-solving and data analysis
• Financial acumen
• Manage a variety of tasks supporting a diverse set of internal stakeholders
• Strong written and verbal communication, including proofreading and editing
• Strong interpersonal communication skills to interact with significant parties within and outside the AFA office
• Ability to work with a broad demographic of ages, professions, and educational levels
Required Education and Experience
• High school graduate required and associate degree and/or training in administrative support
• 3-5 years of related office experience
• Experience in database entry and records maintenance, ideally within a customer relations management (CRM) system
• Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office suite
This position has no direct or indirect supervision of other staff.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment.
While performing the duties of this job, and subject to request for reasonable accommodations, you would be required to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment as needed (i.e. phone, copier/scanner, postage meter, etc.). You must also be able to remain in a stationary position most of the day and to exchange information with internal and external constituents regularly. Occasionally, you may be required to move or position equipment weighing 5-10 pounds.
Position Type/Regular Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and regular hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You will be expected to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
Travel is limited and primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel associated with AFA programs or required training is possible.
Equal Employment Opportunity Agriculture Future of America (AFA) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, AFA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. AFA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AFA’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
View our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Employee signature our careers webpage.
Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.