The William J. Collins scholarship was established to honor Mr. Collins upon his retirement from AgriBank, recognizing his many years of service. This scholarship is awarded to graduating high school seniors who are children of AgriBank district employees. Generally, two $1,500 awards are made each year. The scholarships also provide sponsorship for the AFA Leaders Conference the Fall of the freshman year of college, a $1,000 value. Scholarship applicants must be planning to pursue a bachelor’s degree in an agriculture-related, four-year degree program. All students applying for the William J. Collins scholarship will also be considered for all National AFA Leader and Academic Scholarships.
Applications are now closed for 2014. Applications for 2015 will open in Fall 2014.
Details & Eligibility Criteria:
• Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
• Student must be enrolling in a four-year agriculture-related degree program or have expressed intent to complete a four-year degree in the United States.
• Academic scholarship may be used for tuition and fees.
• Scholarship recipients will be selected on the basis of career vision and goal, leader and community involvement and financial need.
• Applicant must provide three letters of reference, under same or separate cover, that recognize the applicant’s personal, academic or leadership character. Letters should be received by the application deadline.
• All scholarships include leader development award to attend the AFA Leaders Conference in November of the scholarship year, which is required to receive the full academic scholarship.
Letters of reference should be mailed to AFA at the following address:
Agriculture Future of America
ATTN: William J. Collins Scholarship
P.O. Box 414838
Kansas City, MO 64141
The William J. Collins Scholarship is administered by Agriculture Future of America (AFA). AFA is a not-for-profit organization with the mission to identify, encourage and support outstanding men and women preparing for careers in agriculture. AFA provides scholarships, leader and career development training and access to industry experiences for collegiate students and young professionals.
Please contact Emily Page
at (888) 472-4232 with questions or to learn more about AFA.